How ACIL Allen can help you develop public policy
We can advise on developing and analysing sound principles and evidence-based public policy across a range of sectors.
We apply a range of analytical approaches, including data analysis and modelling, program evaluation, logic modelling, stakeholder consultation and surveys.
Grounded in theoretical principles of economics and sound public policy, we can provide the following public policy services:
- develop public policy frameworks
- design public policies so as to achieve intended outcomes and avoid unintended outcomes
- assess the trade-offs between different ways of achieving public policy goals
- understand complex public policy and program environments, including multiple layers of government or agencies
- develop incentive-based public policy instruments
- analyse the economic, financial, revenue and distributional effects of proposed public policies
- conduct cost-benefit analysis of proposed policies and prepare regulatory impact statements, regulatory impact assessments and legislative impact assessments
- engage with stakeholders on existing or proposed public policies
- prepare submissions to government reviews and inquiries
- evaluate existing public policies.
Public policy review and analysis
We provide public policy review for clients looking to understand how proposed policy may impact limited resources, needs, and longstanding problems. Additionally, we provide public policy analysis to assess broader social and economic concerns including:
- the current state of the economy and the environment
- demographic and social trends
- the competitive structure of the economy and its constituent industries
- technological change and information management.