ACIL Allen advises businesses, governments, regulators and industry associations in Australia, New Zealand and SE Asia on energy markets, policy and regulation, including market trends and project economics.
ACIL Allen has been at the forefront of the analysis of changes in the energy sector for at least two decades. We regularly assist governments to develop policy mechanisms in response to these changes. We also assist businesses, regulators and other interested parties to understand and respond to these changes.
How ACIL Allen can help you
Our energy market advice is characterised by deep sector understanding as well as market leading quantitative analysis of energy markets, greenhouse gas policy, regulatory frameworks, renewable energy development, and climate change mitigation and adaptation policies.
We provide businesses, government and regulators with detailed analysis and support ranging from energy policy development to due diligence for major asset transactions.
Our energy capability covers electricity, conventional and coal seam natural gas, coal and renewable energy, and extends across the supply chain from generation/production through transmission and distribution to retail and the consumer. Our areas of energy expertise include:
- market analysis, trends and development
- policy review and analysis
- market modelling and scenario development
- institutional, regulatory and governance arrangements
- wholesale and retail pricing
- market risk and transactional due diligence
- cost-benefit and issues analysis
- consumer protection.
- Hydrogen to Support Electricity Systems
- Victorian renewable energy transition: Economic impacts modelling
- 2018 System control charges review
- South Australia New South Wales Interconnector: Updated analysis
- Supporting households to manage their energy bills
- 3D Queensland road map
- Multiple impacts of household energy efficiency: An assessment framework
- South Australian technical challenges: Integration of renewables: Assessing potential solutions