ACIL Allen Consulting is a leader in advising companies and governments throughout Australasia and SE Asia on energy policy, market trends and project economics.
Well-designed energy policy schemes save money for businesses and promote good environmental outcomes. To deliver sound energy policy, governments, energy sector agencies, private companies and community groups rely on cutting-edge economic, demographic and resource use analysis and forecasts.
How ACIL Allen Consulting can help you
ACIL Allen Consulting's energy market advice is characterised by deep sector understanding as well as quantitative rigour in analysis of energy markets, greenhouse gas policy, renewable energy development, and climate change mitigation and adaptation policies.
We provide government and private-sector businesses with detailed analysis and support ranging from energy policy development to due diligence for major asset transactions.
ACIL Allen Consulting's energy capability covers electricity, natural gas and CSG, coal and renewable energy. Our areas of energy expertise include:
- policy review and analysis
- institutional, regulatory and governance arrangements
- market modelling and scenario development
- wholesale and retail pricing
- market risk and transactional due diligence
- cost-benefit and issues analysis.
Energy market modelling
Rigorous energy market analysis requires an integrated approach. ACIL Allen Consulting has well-established proprietary energy models that recognise the interactions between electricity, gas and renewable energy markets.
- Our PowerMark model takes into account iterative bidding and portfolio optimisation in simulating electricity market behaviour in Eastern Australia (NEM), Western Australia (SWIS), Singapore (NEMS), the Philippines (WESM) and Malaysia.
- Our GasMark model generates long-term projections of gas supply, demand, price and pipeline flow, including interactions with domestic electricity and international LNG markets.
- Our model of the Australian renewable energy market, RECMark, operates on an inter-temporal basis to meet renewable energy targets in a rational least cost manner.
For further information about energy policy, market trends and renewables, please contact Paul Hyslop