Guy is responsible for ACIL Allen’s CGE modelling program. Guy specialises in applied statistical and mathematical modelling, economic contribution analysis and economic impact analysis using Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) and input-output modelling techniques.
Guy has applied these methods for industries including the mining, energy, manufacturing, defence, agriculture, food processing and transport industries, nationally and internationally.
Some projects Guy has led or worked on include:
- analysis of the economic impacts of proposed LNG projects including the Arrow Energy Fisherman’s Landing LNG, Cash-Maple LNG, INPEX LNG, Prelude FLNG, Scarborough FLNG and GBS, Shell LNG, Timor Leste LNG, Woodside Browse LNG and FLNG
- analysis of the economic benefits of spatial information technologies and databases, including projects for the Tasmanian Department of Planning, Water and Infrastructure and Environment, UK Ordnance Survey, Welsh National Assembly, NSW Geoscience, New Zealand Ministry of Economic Development and Land Information, Australian Government Department of Resources Energy and Tourism
- analysis of infrastructure assets including the contribution of the Perth airport and Canberra airport precincts, new high voltage electricity transmission lines, New Zealand gas pipeline infrastructure, the potential economic impacts and business case associated with developing a marine supply precinct in Darwin and alternative development options for an industrial precinct
- analysis of changes to taxation regimes including a series of studies related to the potential economic impacts associated with alternative alcohol taxation regimes.
Prior to joining ACIL Allen, Guy worked for the Australian Government at ABARE and was the Senior Modeller in the international policy branch. He was involved in analysing alternative climate change policies, medium and long term international and domestic energy markets, various free trade policies as well as epidemiological analysis.
Guy has a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics (First Class honours).
- The economic contribution of the Australian gas economy in 2021-22
- Economic Impacts of Defence Infrastructure in the Northern Territory: 2022-23 to 2026-27
- Economic impact of the National Positioning Infrastructure Capability program
- Economic and Technical Modelling of the ACT Electricity Network: Strategic Report
- Economic and technical modelling of the ACT electricity network: Base case report
- Renewable Energy Industrial Precincts
- Economic impacts of the Broken Hill A-CAES
- Economic contribution of international students to Western Australia
- Copperstring economic technical report: Assessment of electricity market and economic impacts
- Economic impact of the University of Sydney
- Chemical industry economic contribution analysis
- Medical technologies and pharmaceuticals sector impact evaluation