Alexandra is an experienced agricultural economist with a big picture perspective and an interest in markets, competition and the regulatory environment.
Alexandra has a passion for all things agriculture and a desire to work with clients to develop practical and implementable solutions to a range of problems.
As an experienced agricultural economist she applies her skills to reviewing and assessing policy, programs and regulation; profiling regions and markets; and developing plans for industry including business cases and strategy.
Examples of major projects include:
- establishing the growth trajectory of Australia’s agriculture, fishing and forestry industries towards a $100 billion farm-gate value by 2030 and analysing the associated drivers and risks for AgriFutures
- a stocktake of drought resilience RDE&A for the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment on behalf of the Future Drought Fund to inform its investment in this space
- scoping options to improve cross-sector and cross RDC collaboration for the Council of Rural RDCs
- a review and scoping study for the Department of Agricultural and Water Resources to identify opportunities to improve the agricultural levy system
- several projects examining options for biosecurity programs and policies across plant and animal health including a Review of the Panama R4 Program
- business case review regarding establishment of mini-ports and provision of transfer vessels to transport bulk commodities (initially grain) to ships anchored in deep water in Spencers Gulf in South Australia
- a series of space and spatial industry studies on the costs and benefits of Space Based Augmentation Systems, the value of spatial information in agriculture and the capability of the space industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Alexandra was a Principal Analyst at the NSW Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) and a Senior Economist at the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage. She also worked as a Lecturer in Consumer Behaviour and Marketing in the Agriculture and Food Economics Department at the University of Reading (UK).
Alexandra holds a PhD from the University of Western Australia and a Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (Hons) from the University of Sydney.
- The intersection of agriculture and regional development: A framework of case studies
- Drought Resilience Research Development Extension and Adoption Stocktake
- Regional agribusiness supply chains: Mackay Isaac Whitsunday
- Central Highlands agribusiness regional stocktake
- Agriculture - a $100b sector by 2030?
- Draft Companion Animals Regulation 2018: Regulatory Impact Statement
- Agricultural levies system review: Scoping study