Tom has worked as a government executive, manager, and advisor for over fifteen years. Today he supports governments and services in policy design, program evaluation, and business case development.
A strong focus of Tom’s work has been improving system strategies, program policies and service delivery to raise outcomes for children and young people. Tom understands the importance of good policy design, and engages with stakeholder viewpoints, qualitative and quantitative information, to provide practical and effective advice.
Tom has managed many ACIL Allen projects, including:
- evaluations in education, health and human services for national and state governments
- economic impact assessments of government programs in early intervention, housing and family violence
- rapid reviews to support program or organisation funding submissions
- legislative impact assessments in assorted industries
- short-term assignments to prepare business cases, design programs, and facilitate consultations.
Tom’s passion for policy and understanding of the roles for government saw him awarded the Dean’s Prize for an Executive Masters in Public Policy.
Tom holds a Bachelor of Commerce / Science (Honours), University of Melbourne; and an Executive Masters in Public Administration, University of Melbourne. He is a member of the Australasian Evaluation Society.