Jonathan is an electricity market consultant primarily involved in generation and transmission modelling to determine project feasibility.
Jonathan is passionate about building elegant and functional models using the latest technology to solve challenging new problems.
Jonathan’s involvement in recent projects includes:
- market due diligence of smart meter market in Australia and New Zealand. Developed smart meter projections for NEM and NZ and reviewed current and proposed market rules to assess the potential impact on future growth projections
- developed a mathematical model to assess energy arbitrage and FCAS revenue streams for a grid connected battery systems in the WEM and NEM
- AEMO – Verification of 2021-22 and 2022-23 marginal loss factors
- marginal loss factor and network congestion assessments to support the due diligence of solar and wind farm assets
- TransGrid Services (TGS) – Project NECCA
- market advisory services to establish how to connect a privately owned transmission line to the NEM. This included how to enable dispatch, settlement, loss factor calculation and meet Generator Performance Standards (GPS) for 1400MW of renewable generation.
At ACIL Allen, Jonathan has led the development of our MLF and curtailment projection capability, applying his electrical and computer engineering background to develop a forecasting system which dovetails with ACIL Allen’s proprietary model: PowerMark.
Jonathan holds a BSc: Electrical and Computer Engineering from Ben-Gurion University, Israel and a Master of Business Administration from QUT, Brisbane.