James is an expert economist and data scientist, working across energy, education, and health.
James is part of ACIL Allen’s Data Science Group and uses data-driven methods to provide insights through data strategy, modelling, and advanced analytics.
James has worked across many organisational and industry contexts including health, education and energy and understands the intersection between available data, industry knowledge and client context that is critical to achieving meaningful results.
James’ recent projects have focused on:
- demographics & workforce modelling
- market analysis and strategic advice
- forecasting and operational models to drive key decisions
- cost benefit analysis of major infrastructure, hospitals, education facilities and programs and regulatory changes
- economic impact assessment of various industries and major investments
- funding model development and reviews for various programs including school funding, health, community services and vocational education and training programs.
James holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Bachelor of Commerce, Graduate Diploma in Computer Science, and a Masters of Economics through the University of Melbourne.