Our experience in the transport and infrastructure sector includes all modes of transport. ACIL Allen's clients are transport users, infrastructure providers, transport operators, banks, engineering companies and government agencies. Our expertise includes economic impact assessments and economic contribution studies, policy analysis, feasibility studies, transport modelling, demand forecasting, and real options analysis.
How ACIL Allen can help you
Our transport and infrastructure capabilities cover:
- infrastructure assessments and evaluations
- policy analysis and development
Our consulting knowledge and expertise includes:
- economic impact assessment and economic contribution studies (using techniques such as Input Output (IO) analysis and computable general equilibrium (CGE) modelling)
- project economics and evaluation, including cost-benefit analysis
- due diligence
- transport modelling
- public policy
We have undertaken analysis of Australia’s key road, rail, port and air infrastructure. This analysis feeds into strategic planning, government relations and community relations. Our experience extends to the assessment of regional transport infrastructure and the essential role it plays in our economy and supporting local communities.
Examples of our work in this area include a major study on nationally significant infrastructure (encompassing transport, energy, water and telecommunications) for Infrastructure Australia, a feasibility study on an inline freight railway line between Melbourne and Brisbane, a study on Australia’s petroleum import infrastructure for the Commonwealth Government, and a regional airport infrastructure study for the Australian Airports Association.
We regularly provide due diligence advice to clients on the buy and sell sides of transactions involving transport infrastructure such as ports and airports. This includes undertaking demand forecasting, market analysis, and financial modelling.
- Transition of the Australian car manufacturing sector: Outcomes and best practice
- Regional infrastructure investment opportunities and constraints: Assessment framework report
- Regional airport infrastructure study
- Land transport funding: Transition to a better model
- Australian Infrastructure Audit
- Strategic role of the Australian automotive manufacturing industry