Rapid developments in information and communications technology (ICT) contribute directly to national productivity and improved economic performance.
Australia is a leader in ICT products and services investment. Australian companies have established competitive niche market advantages, and sell into global markets.
Commonwealth, state and territory governments are establishing policy frameworks relating to hardware, software and services, and the development and implementation of the National Broadband Network.
With the convergence of creativity and connectivity, government agencies are now closely examining digital content, reflecting emerging interest and growth in the ‘creative economy’.
How ACIL Allen Consulting can help you
ACIL Allen Consulting has extensive experience in competition, regulation and public policy analysis of the Australian ICT industry.
We carry out detailed analysis and provide advice on a broad range of industry issues for major telecommunications companies, regulators, government policy makers and investors.
Our capabilities include:
- strong understanding of the design, operation and impact of access regimes established by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010
- detailed analysis of incentive-based policy instruments governing pricing and service quality
- design and review of regulatory frameworks and institutions, such as competition policy and third-party access
- impact analysis of policy and regulatory change or commercial transactions on market competition, including pricing and market structures
- research and analysis of licensing systems and issues, such as reporting on spectrum auction design impacts on competition
- detailed understanding of consumer safeguards, including the universal service obligation (USO) and related funding arrangements.
Examples of ACIL Allen Consulting impact analysis and research include: review of competitive implications of retail price control regulations, review of competition and consumer impacts of pay TV content sharing agreements, and reporting on consumer safeguards for government authorities.
Our clients include the Australian Government Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, telecommunications companies, regulators, government policy makers and investors.
For further information about our telecommunications consultancy services, please contact Jerome Fahrer