Richard leads a number of ACIL Allen Consulting's energy practice engagements. Richard specialises in analysis and assessment of the Australian National Electricity Market (NEM), Singapore National Electricity Market (NEMS) and the Philippines Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM).
These engagements include:
- market due diligence and production of bankable reports for acquisitions, divestments, privatisations and development of new projects
- market analysis and assessment for clients' regular business planning activities
- regulatory determinations, reviews and investigations
- business interruption and loss claim assessments
- demand analysis
Recent major ACIL Allen Consulting projects undertaken by Richard include:
- refinancing of brown coal fired power stations in Victoria and black coal power stations in Queensland.
- development of greenfield wind farms in South Australia and NSW
- divestment of wind farms in Tasmania and South Australia
- projections of gas demand for power generation in the NEM
- development of renewable generation projects in the Philippines
- privatisation of generation assets in the Philippines
- development of generation projects in Singapore
- power generation business planning activities in Australia, Singapore and Philippines
- estimation of wholesale energy costs for regulatory determinations in Queensland
- business interruption loss claim assessments for generators and insurers in Queensland and NSW.
Richard has extensive experience advising private and government clients. Prior to joining ACIL Allen Consulting in 2000, Richard worked in the Queensland Government.
Richard was educated at Griffith University and the University of Queensland. He holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours) and a PhD in Applied Statistics.