Paul leads the firm’s gas practice. He has worked for 35 years in the Australian energy and resources sectors, advising government and corporate sector clients on commercial and regulatory matters relating to the coal, oil and gas industries.
His work also includes Coal Seam Gas (CSG), shale gas and other unconventional hydrocarbon sources, as well as alternative and renewable energies.
Paul specialises in analysis of energy supply and demand dynamics including the application of the firm’s detailed gas market models to a wide range of commercial and industry policy issues.
Prior to joining the company in 1995, Paul held a number of senior executive positions in the Queensland Department of Mines and Energy. Paul was educated at the University of Queensland. He holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours Geology & Mineralogy) and a Master of Business Administration.
Major projects that Paul has led include:
- analysis of the economic implications of CSG industry developments in Queensland and New South Wales, and the demand for drilling and ancillary services associated with such developments
- advice on wholesale gas price trends in the context of contract price negotiation and arbitration proceedings
- market and regulatory due diligence for major gas transmission and distribution pipeline transactions including asset sales, purchases and refinancing
- independent advice regarding gas demand forecasts for economically regulated distribution networks and transmission pipelines
- analytical support for gas producers and buyers in negotiating terms of gas transportation, sales and purchase agreements.
Prior to joining the company in 1995, Paul held a number of senior executive positions in the Queensland Department of Mines and Energy.
Paul was educated at the University of Queensland. He holds a Bachelor of Science (Honours Geology and Mineralogy) and a Masters of Business Administration.