Guy is responsible for ACIL Allen Consulting’s CGE modelling program. Guy specialises in applied statistical and mathematical modelling, economic contribution analysis and economic impact analysis using computable general equilibrium (CGE) and input-output modelling techniques.
Guy has applied these methods for industries including the mining, energy, manufacturing, defence, agriculture, food processing and transport industries, nationally and internationally.
Some projects Guy has led or worked on include:
- analysis of the economic impacts of proposed LNG projects including the Arrow Energy Fisherman’s Landing LNG, Cash-Maple LNG, INPEX LNG, Prelude FLNG, Scarborough FLNG and GBS, Shell LNG, Timor Leste LNG, Woodside Browse LNG and FLNG
- analysis of the economic benefits of spatial information technologies and databases, including projects for the Tasmanian Department of Planning, Water and Infrastructure and Environment, UK Ordnance Survey, Welsh National Assembly, NSW Geoscience, New Zealand Ministry of Economic Development and Land Information, Australian Government Department of Resources Energy and Tourism
- analysis of infrastructure assets including the contribution of the Perth airport and Canberra airport precincts, new high voltage electricity transmission lines, New Zealand gas pipeline infrastructure, the potential economic impacts and business case associated with developing a marine supply precinct in Darwin and alternative development options for an industrial precinct
- analysis of changes to taxation regimes including a series of studies related to the potential economic impacts associated with alternative alcohol taxation regimes.
Prior to joining ACIL Allen Consulting, Guy worked for the Australian Government at ABARE and was the Senior Modeller in the international policy branch. He was involved in analysing alternative climate change policies, medium and long term international and domestic energy markets, various free trade policies as well as epidemiological analysis.
Guy has a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics (First Class honours).
- Alcohol tax reform: Economic modelling
- Draft Companion Animals Regulation 2018: Regulatory Impact Statement
- Short term rental accommodation: Economic contribution analysis
- Economic contribution of the Australian brewing industry 2017-2018: From producers to consumers
- Chemical industry economic contribution analysis
- Agriculture - a $100b sector by 2030?
- Victorian renewable energy transition: Economic impacts modelling