Cara provides strategic advice on energy markets, with a focus on the national electricity market (NEM).
Cara has strong analytical skills and over 10 years’ experience advising private sector, regulator and government clients in:
- due diligence and market risk
- gas and electricity procurement and contracting
- new project evaluation
- strategic review.
Cara’s recent electricity projects include:
- electricity market advisor for several greenfield solar and wind projects in the NEM
- market advisor for brownfield electricity asset transactions, including networks
- market analysis and assessment for clients’ regular business planning
- strategic market reports for potential entry into the market
- advice to major electricity customers to evaluate a corporate power purchasing agreement (PPA)
- estimating the wholesale energy component of retail electricity prices for the Queensland Competition Authority (QCA)
- retail Bill Impact analysis – quantifying the impacts of recent government actions for Queensland Treasury.
Cara was educated at the Australian National University. She holds a Bachelor of Economics (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce.