Alexandra is an experienced agricultural economist with a big picture perspective and an interest in markets, competition and the regulatory environment.
Her skills include economic and policy research and market analysis of industries from agriculture to the space industry using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques.
Examples of major projects include:
- a review and scoping study for the Department of Agricultural and Water Resources to identify opportunities to improve the agricultural levy system
- design of a $50 million package for Wine Australia on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture and Water Resources focusing on increasing wines export and regional wine tourism to support the industry and communities in wine regions
- several projects examining options for biosecurity programs and policies across plant and animal health
- business case review regarding establishment of mini-ports and provision of transfer vessels to transport bulk commodities (initially grain) to ships anchored in deep water in Spencers Gulf in South Australia
- a series of space and spatial industry studies on the costs and benefits of Space Based Augmentation Systems, the value of spatial information for a range of Australian government and non-government clients including advising the Malaysian Government
- space industry capability studies for the Commonwealth government and the West Australian government.
Prior to joining the firm, Alexandra was a Principal Analyst at the NSW Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) and a Senior Economist at the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage. She also worked as a Lecturer in Consumer Behaviour and Marketing in the Agriculture and Food Economics Department at the University of Reading (UK).
Alexandra holds a PhD from the University of Western Australia and a Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (Hons) from the University of Sydney.
- Agricultural levies system review: Scoping study
- Agricultural levies system review: Scoping study: Volume 2
- Draft Companion Animals Regulation 2018: Regulatory Impact Statement
- Australian space industry capability: A review
- Demonstrating the value of animal location and behaviour data in the red meat value chain
- Economic assessment of Commonwealth and State biofuel policies
- Agriculture - a $100b sector by 2030?