Alan consults in economics, policy and strategy with a focus on the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors. His experience also includes the economics of the space and geospatial sectors and the economics and prioritisation of research and development.
Recent projects led by Alan include:
- pricing in the eastern Australian gas market
- economics of disruption in liquid fuel supplies
- supply and demand survey for liquid petroleum gas fuels in Australia
- economics size of the Australian, Western Australian and Victorian space industries
- economics of GPS livestock tracking in the agricultural sector
- economic value of spatial information in NSW
- road map for 3D developments in Queensland
- value of earth observations from space
- value of precise satellite positioning in Australia
- assessment of diesel fuel supplies in Victoria
- independent review of the market for polyethylene in Australia
- review of the effectiveness of national energy security assessment processes
- assessment of the closure of the Strait of Hormuz on petroleum product supplies in Australia
- assessment of liquid fuels vulnerability in Australia
- audit of the petroleum products supply chain in New South Wales and Australia (2013)
- economics of spatial data in Australia, New Zealand and the England
- review of performance and accountability of the Australian Energy Markets Commission and the Australian Energy Regulator
- gas and petroleum price projections for various private and public sector clients
- economics of coal and mining sector in New South Wales.
Alan has been advising private and public sector organisations in a consulting capacity for 18 years. Prior to entering consulting Alan held senior positions in the Commonwealth Government in energy, resources and maritime sectors. He is a former Chief Executive of the Pipeline Authority and Executive Director of the Timor Gap Joint Authority.
Alan is a member of the Board of the Tasmanian Economic Regulator and a Director of the Spatial Industry Business Association.
Alan was educated at the University of Sydney and the Australian National University. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Economics and has completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School.