Harriet is a Consultant in ACIL Allen’s Brisbane office, specialising in providing advice on Australia’s electricity markets.
Harriet provides advice on the National Electricity Market (NEM) and associated environmental markets to government and private clients. She is skilled in drawing insights out of the NEM’s complex data sets and helps clients understand the opportunities and risks associated with the NEM by undertaking wholesale electricity market modelling using ACIL Allen’s proprietary model PowerMark.
Some examples of Harriet’s recent project experience include:
- managing ACIL Allen’s regular update of its Reference case projection of the NEM
- undertaking scenario projections of the NEM in support of clients’ business case studies for renewable energy and storage projects
- estimating of the impact of the new interconnector EnergyConnect on the market and retail electricity bills
- short-term outlook of Large-Scale Generation Certificate prices
- analysing of the performance of thermal generators under different decarbonization scenarios
- analysing of the impact of a Physical Retailer Reliability Obligation on retail electricity bills
- evaluating of a government program in the climate sector to improve program delivery.
Harriet holds a Bachelor and Master of Science in International Development Studies from Wageningen University in the Netherlands, as well as a postgraduate Diploma in Applied Statistics from Swinburne University.