Bob is a Senior Associate in ACIL Allen’s Canberra Office, providing leading edge advisory services on a wide range of policy and technical issues in relation to resources and energy policy and program matters (including ‘clean energy’ technologies) and broader industry, climate change, environmental/conservation, and innovation issues.
Bob is a policy generalist, advising public and private sectors on a range of complex issues and challenges. He enjoys finding opportunity in complexity, providing incisive advice, and solving challenging public policy problems.
His recent engagements include:
- analysis and modelling for the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts to assess the impact of implementing Australian regulated fuel efficiency standards
- economic and technical modelling of the ACT electricity network focused on facilitating the ACT Government’s desire to ensure that emissions reduction policies (to achieve net zero emissions by 2045) and supporting programs enhance, not undermine, the socio-economic conditions
- an impact evaluation of the Commonwealth Government’s Industry Growth Centre Initiative, with specific focus on National Energy Resources Australia (NERA)
- an assessment of the economic, social and environmental impacts of the potential value of data from the Exploring for the Future Program in the Kidson Sub-basin area and of the impact of Geoscience Australia’s Mineral Potential Mapper project
- development of options for AGMIN as to actions and a work program to inform a coordinated national approach to adaptation to climate change and managing emissions in the agricultural sector
Prior to joining ACIL Allen, Bob’s experience included a 30+-year career in the Australian Public Service spanning work in resources and energy, tourism, industry, finance and environment departments. He worked on diverse issues including climate change; competitiveness; globalisation and market access; resource development; energy markets; and drivers of industry growth and competitiveness. He has extensive expertise in policy and program issues and their integration within broader economic frameworks, and in policy/program evaluation.