• Do you want to be an integral member of our consulting practice, supporting experts in solving problems in education, health, justice, and community services?
• Do you want to make the difference by working on issues that impact vulnerable populations?
• Are you looking for a casual position to put your knowledge into practice?
• Do you have a curious mind, and a desire to be intellectually challenged by your work every day?
If the answer is YES, The Melbourne office of ACIL Allen is looking for a Research Assistant like you to join our growing team in Melbourne.
About the role
As a Research Assistant, you will work in small teams with others, primarily in Melbourne but also potentially around the country, supporting projects in a diverse range of areas. The work is highly varied, and you will be involved in assignments, including:
• conducting desktop research
• entering and analysing data
• supporting stakeholder consultations
• writing draft reports and other pieces of work.
To be considered for this position you should display the following skills:
• be self-driven, inquisitive, and a problem solver by nature.
• be proactive and able to work autonomously
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• have advanced skills in Excel or another analytic tool
• enjoy working collaboratively with others and engaging with stakeholders
• are enthusiastic about engaging with a variety of sectors
• have a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (such as economics, public policy, sciences, or humanities).
Over time, your experience and expertise will evolve, and we will encourage you to grow in your role and expand your responsibilities.
Who we are?
ACIL Allen is a leading independent economics, policy and strategy advisory firm, dedicated to helping clients solve complex problems. It provides advice to a wide range of Australian and overseas companies, government departments and regulatory agencies, banks and industry associations. ACIL Allen has offices in Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Adelaide.
ACIL Allen Consulting:
• seeks passionate people who are self-starters.
• offers the opportunity to work on important economic and social issues.
• offer far more autonomy, workplace flexibility than large corporate consultancies.
• encourages and recognises critical thinking and high performance.